DISHWASHER REPAIR TIPS - If the dishes are not getting clean...
If the unit is leaking...
- Make sure the water is hot enough. It should be at least 140 degrees, which is hot enough to burn you - VERY HOT! If it is not hot enough, turn the hot water heater thermostat up to a higher setting.
- Make sure the lower spray arm is unobstructed and turning freely.
- Make sure the bottom inside the dishwasher is clean and free of debris.
- Make sure to use the proper amount of detergent and make sure the detergent is fresh (check expiration or "best if used by" date).
- Make sure you are following the proper loading procedures, including proper type and amounts of detergents. Run the unit through cycle while empty.
- Make sure the racks are positioned properly.
- Make sure the door is unrestricted around the opening.
Tech Tip - If the inside of your dishwasher is beginning to brown and form mineral stains, put Limeaway (available at your grocery store) or Tang Citrus Drink into the tank during the wash cycle. The citric acid from these products will remove the mineral buildup and restore the finish.